Blast/Coat Systems provides a number of products and services related to Environmental and Safety issues in our industry:
We provide a service of recycling spent abrasive products, such as copper slag and garnet, into cement clinker at a local cement plant. This method of recycling is appropriate for material that can pass a TCLP 8-metals test and is not a RCRA waste. The process is approved by the California Department of Toxic Substances Control and relieves the generator of “cradle to grave” responsibility while also helping the environment and having a cost similar to that of disposal at a landfill. Contact our office for full details of the program.
Many of our products fall into the category of environmental or safety products. The following are some of those:
- Products to render lead in spent abrasive non-leachable: Blastox, which is blended into the virgin abrasive before use; Enviro-Prep products which are applied to the surface before blast removal.
- Dust Collectors, both portable and stationary.
- Filters for Dust Collectors and Paint/Powder Booths.
- Negative Air Machines with HEPA filtration.
- Fans and Dust Socks for capture of dust from confined spaces.
- Containment screens and tarps from Eagle Industries.
- Respirators, Blast Hoods/Helmets, Airline Filters, Paint Spray Hoods. See our Respiratory Products Page.
- Carbon Monoxide Monitors and Breathing Air Purifiers. See our Respiratory Products Page.
- Protective Clothing and Gloves.
- Portable Showers, Handwash Facilities, and Decontamination Trailers.