Blast/Coat Systems carries the Novatek line of power tools for surface preparation, primarily with containment shrouds for lead paint removal work. The shroud is used in association with a HEPA vacuum to contain the dust and collect it for proper disposal.
Among the tools available are:
- 5″ and 7″ floating head Shrouded Right Angle Grinders used with the 3M Coating Removal Disc (CRD), Surface Conditioning Discs, Aluminum Oxide Discs, and the Clean and Strip Discs. Comes in pneumatic or electric versions.
- The Shrouded Mini-Grinder, also used with the same discs as the larger grinders, in 1.5″ and 2″ versions to get into tight areas.
- Needle Scalers and Chisel Scalers in various configurations and power options.
- Long Reach Scalers for removal of carpet, tile, coatings, etc. from a standing position to save on back strain.
- The VSE Peening Prep Tools which are used with 3M (TM) Roto-Peen (TM) flaps or star cutter hubs for higher production removal of coatings on steel or concrete.
- A full line of HEPA vacuums ranging from smaller backpack-style to floor units to vacuums mounted on 30 or 55 gallon drums.